Rogue Legacy is part of Sony’s 2014 Summer PLAY promotion! That means two things: you can get the game along with a sweet deal, and the price has been announced! Pre-orders start today on PSN, one week ahead of release, and the game is $16.99 USD.
For those who buy two games offered during PSN PLAY 2014 they will get $3 credit. If you buy 3 you get $6, and if you buy all 4 you’ll receive $10 credit on PSN. On top of that, early bird PS+ members that pre-order get a 20% discount. That means saavy PSN users can get the game for all three Sony platforms, at launch, for under $15! The PS+ pre-order discount only lasts a week though, so you’ll need to be quick!
We’re not the only ones participating in PLAY 2014, so be sure to check out the other awesome games that are coming up. Check it out on the PS Blog.
Rogue Legacy, the genealogical Rogue-lite is finally making its way to ALL current PlayStation systems on July 29th in North America and July 30th in Europe!
JULY… 29th! That’s real soon!
Buy 1 copy, and you’ll get it on all 3 platforms! PS4, PS3, and PS Vita!
Fully cross-save enabled too! So you can play at home on your sweet PS4. Then take your play session over to old grandma’s house, where you can keep playing on her gen 1 PS3. Read more about it on the PS Blog here, and check out the launch trailer below!
It’s finally coming. Believe it!
It’s been an unbelievable adventure since Rogue Legacy launched exactly one year before today. To commemorate the event, we wanted to leave individual messages to our fans:
I just wanted to take the time to thank everyone for their support. Not just letting us know you like our game, but being so patient with us and tolerating our growing pains as we fumbled through the first year. We made our fair share of mistakes, but the unconditional love will ensure we do even better the next time (and there will be a next time!).
The experience has been entirely humbling, starting as a small team of nobodies to having fans from all around the world. And the most exciting thing is that we’re not even done yet! The PlayStation 3/4 and Vita versions are just around the corner, which we’ll be giving a firm release date to in the next two weeks. It’s been in development for a while, but we’ve been working hard to ensure it is as genuine an experience as possible. It’s closer than you think.
We can’t wait to see what happens for the next year, and we hope you’ll be there with us!
Man. It feels like forever since we’ve released Rogue Legacy, but a lot has happened!
- We released Rogue Legacy.
- We announced the 1 year anniversary of Rogue Legacy.
- That’s it.
NOTE: This is a very small patch update that addresses a critical save bug. Because of its size, we are providing a link to a patch updater instead of a full installer, however v1.2.0a must be installed first.
Although the bug is quite rare (we have yet to have anyone report it), it causes problems with save data, so it is recommended to update to this version as soon as possible. We apologize for all the trouble.
Rogue Legacy v1.2.0b
– Fixed critical bug where, in certain circumstances the profile selector would choose the wrong profile slot.
– Fixed bug where player would be invisible when entering certain challenge rooms with stereo-blindness.
Rogue Legacy v1.2.0a
– Fixed longstanding bug where, in rare occasions, the data for treasure chest placements would desync, resulting in regular chests looking like fairy chests, and some chests randomly closing and opening.
This fix will only work with new castles. Players with already corrupted maps will need to generate a new one.
– Disabled map in challenge rooms.
– Fixed bug where you could get dementia in challenge rooms.
– Fixed bug where compass room entrances could appear in challenge rooms.
– Fixed bug where pausing/resuming the game with Time Stop active would reactivate projectile logic.
– Fixed bug where the first phase of the last boss could get stuck on platforms.
– Fixed bug where entering the Alexander challenge room while a dwarf or giant would result in keeping those sizes after translocating.
– Fixed bug where Herodotus battle would sometimes fail to end after defeating him.
– Fixed bug where challenge rooms would appear on the game map.
– Fixed graphic bug in one of the new rooms.