December 10th, 2013
Patch 1.2 of Rogue Legacy should be coming out in the next few days. We’ll have more detailed notes when it gets released, but for now we thought we’d give you a quick look into the content we’ll be adding into the game.
New Boss Remixes
- 5 new bosses will be available to battle. These battles will be true tests of skills, and should be available to people at all parts of the game. These are not casual battles, and only the best will succeed.
- A new secret class can be unlocked by players. It’s pretty uber.
- 3 New traits will be added to the game to add some extra variety to character generation.
- The map pool has been increased by 10% to add a touch more variety to your game.
- For the completionisters.
Fixes and Updates
- General balance tweaks and modifications to the game logic to make everything a little smoother.
- Also the Haggle skill will now actually be useful.
October 16th, 2013
Rogue Legacy for Mac and Linux is finally available on Steam!
We will be making it available on all of our other distributors a little later.
We’d just like to once again apologize for the wait, and we hope you like it!
October 16th, 2013
Patch v1.1.0 has been released! Because it’s such a large change (and in lieu of the launch of the Mac and Linux versions), the latest version is a full install, as opposed to our regular, smaller patch files.
Patch 1.1.0 Bug/Balance Fixes
- Mac and Linux versions have been added to this release!
- Added profile select functionality. You can now choose between three save game profiles.
- Added Mac/Linux team to credits.
- Jukebox is now persistent until you switch areas (or enter a boss room).
- Fixed bug where disabling fire shield displayed a mana cost.
- Game now properly handles special character crashes in the hero/heroine name lists.
- Fixed room that had empty block where a chest should be.
- Alexander no longer moves in places where if you kill him, the money is lost.
- Casting Mega Damage Shield now drains your mana faster than when casting the regular spell.
- Fixed bug where player would no longer catch his own chakram or conflux projectiles.
- Fixed bug where you could get the dragon fire spell for a class other than the dragon by locking the castle.
- Fixed a few spelling mistakes in the game.
- Fixed bug where game would function oddly when the system broke standard vsync and ran faster than 60.
- Fixed bug where dungeon shader was being applied to all areas, affecting performance.
- Tweaked the glowing fairies in the Garden to reduce confusion that players could interact with them.
- Fixed bug where the backup save system wasn’t kicking in properly if the map or map data got corrupted.
- Fixed bug where one of the last boss’s attacks had an incorrect hitbox.
- Fixed bug where you could take damage immediately after exiting a compass room.
- Removed the delete button from the options menu and put it into the profile selector.
- Fixed bug where the Randomize Children skill in the manor had incorrect text.
- Changed E.D.S to Flexible.
- Added a more comprehensive fix for player/boss dying at the same time.
- Player now makes a sound when landing after getting hit.
- Fixed bug where you could see a bit of background during a death defy.
- Fixed bug where quitting from heir selection with a character that has vertigo would result in him/her not having it on second load.
- Fixed bug where credits were running extremely slow.
- Fixed bug where lineage screen was running extremely slow.