NETWORK MULTIPLAYER PROGRAMMER
We’re looking for self-motivated professionals who are just as passionate about video games as we are.
You’ll work closely with the Lead Programmer and Designer and analyze the online and networking needs for the game and platforms – PC, Consoles and Mobile platforms. Along with documenting game server and platform infrastructure systems using clear, high performance, maintainable code; you will also debug, test, and quality control the content to meet Cellar Door Games standards before they are released to consumers.
A Multiplayer Network Expert:
Familiar with the code, requirements and maintenance needed to achieve multiplayer capabilities for PC gameplay.
A Quick Learner / Problem Solver:
Capable of independently researching and learning in order to resolve issues when they arise, and to continuously improve your own expertise.
When your tasks run out, you go and find your own.
A Wearer of Many Hats:
Willing to get down and dirty and tackle things outside your designated role.
Diligent & Self-Motivated:
You’re a cheerleader, not a cheerneeder.
Can set yourself manageable timelines to meet realistic deadlines.
Can work remotely at home but are also open to working in a home-office-team environment.
Capable of explaining complex concepts and projects; Providing regular updates to the team.
Some people on the team are pretty dumb. Be prepared to answer the same questions multiple times.
- Design, build, and support Cellar Door Games multiplayer network infrastructure, including LANs, WANs, internet connections, remote access systems, and authentication platforms.
- Develop, document, and implement the necessary network infrastructure, security policies, standards and procedures for multiplayer gameplay functions.
- Lead in all things networking & multiplayer gameplay and optimization.
- Mentor, educate and cultivate a cross-department team environment,
- 3-5+ years’ of professional or related network multiplayer programming experience for PC and console
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Advanced Proficiency in C/C++. C# is a plus.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with Steam, PSN and/or Xbox Live.
- Actually like our games.
- Super genius.
Please apply to email@example.com . Don’t forget to include your resume, and portfolio. Cover letters are not necessary, but a little introduction would be nice.